ORIGIN OF DATA SCIENCE
Throughout the years, data science has become an essential part of many sectors of land management, commerce sectors, threat control, fraud, business analytics and many other areas. It solves many problems and issues within a given field with the help of data analysis and interpretation of various kinds of data. It concentrates on the utilization of particular statistical methodologies which are applied in the same way regardless of the field.
FUTURE OF DATA SCIENCE
Because the fields using data science are continuously increasing, the importance of data science is also increasing at an accelerated rate. It can help to pinpoint trends and make recommendations which will affect decision making and business performance while guaranteeing the best possible solutions. Data scientists will have to come up with a variety of solutions to cope with the challenges presented across all the different fields.
All in all, data scientists are the future of the coming generation. Businesses now realize what a gold mine of information is present in their data and are pursuing data science professionals to access that information. This emphasis on data science will continue for the foreseeable future.
With digital technology such as mobile phones and laptops becoming an important element of the education process, it can help more and more students learn and improve their skills. It can be the key to lucrative, fulfilling professions for the next generation.
ROLE OF DATA SCIENTISTS IN THE WORLD
A data scientist’s main role is to inspect large amounts of data using software basically designed for the work. The final results of a data scientist’s analysis should be understandable and easy enough for all the organizations to use. The approach to data analysis for a data scientist depends upon the organization and its specific needs. Departments need to communicate to the data scientist what their goal is so that the data scientist can determine the best approach to solving the problem. According to stats and surveys, job opportunities for data scientists have increased by 75%.
There is really no business segment that doesn’t rely on courier and delivery transportation. From consumer goods manufacturers to retail stores, automotive and parts repairing houses to offices, hospitals to educational centers, courier services are an integral part of all. While there are hundreds of courier companies reigning everywhere to provide assistance to them, there are myriad types of delivery services to cater to each of the organization’s specific requirements. However, here are illustrated the five most common types of courier delivery solutions offered by the transit companies.
International Courier Services
It is the primary and most common form of service found in every advanced or commercialized area. It refers to the transportation of goods/services across the geographical borders. As the companies offer transportation from one country to another, irrespective of the distance between them, the charges are obviously very high. The users of these services comprise of multinational organizations, manufacturing business brands, retail brands, and even households.
Same-day delivery services
This is the newest form of delivery services that came to the forefront with advancement in transport vehicles and reduction of freight charges. Moreover, it was brought into action to pay heed to the last-minute needs of businesses, hospitals and for other emergency services. Delivery is deliberately made on the same day the order is sent, and it is mostly availed for the transit of crucial documentations.
Online Shipment Services Booking
While everything is moving to online and mobile space, why not courier and delivery services? Users no longer have to wait in long queues to book services from the front desk of the courier companies, nor have they to take their packages to the nearby service outlet. They can now book their shipment online via their mobiles or desktops directly from the company’s website.
Pallet courier services
This service assures the fast and prompt delivery of goods using the pallets at extremely reasonable rates. It is availed mostly by the businesses or clients who have strict delivery rules and have fixed time limits.
Warehouse courier services
A much new concept in the delivery and logistics industry, warehousing services soon left a profound impact on the goods manufacturing businesses. It is helping companies or manufacturers to store goods, inventory at a warehouse and supply them to customers or dealers as and when required. This is found extremely useful for companies who do not have warehouses. Besides helping businesses to speed up their delivery service to customers, they also manage stocks, help in picking, packaging and dispatch and keep tracks of stock levels.
However, with so many options of courier services available, you need to opt for the right form of services for your needs and also meet up your budget expectations.
Business analytics is a wide area that covers the analysis of data using operations research and statistical analysis. It also has to do with the formation of predictive models and application of optimization techniques. The results are then conveyed to the executives, the business partners, and the customers. This is an area that requires the application of quantitative methods as well as data that is evidence-based so as to model business activity and aid in the decision-making process.
Business analytics usually deals with a massive amount of data whether structured and unstructured. It uses the business data collected on a daily basis. Business analytics techniques are applied so as to get to the different insights provided by the data that are needed when making good business decisions as well as smart strategic moves.
The Benefits of the Data-driven Approach
The results of business analytics are typically used in the making of decisions that are data-driven. The insight provided by analytics allows companies to optimize and automate the different business processes. Such companies are in a position to achieve an advantage over the competition.
Business analysis can be used to accomplish many different things including:
· Perform data mining where data is explored so as to find relationships or new patterns.
· Do thorough statistical and quantitative analysis so as to understand exactly why some of the results are achieved.
· Look at previous decisions and test them.
· Use predictive analytics and modeling so as to have an idea of how future results will turn out.
· Support for the making of proactive decisions. With this approach, they can also automate the process of decision making so as to have real-time responses where support is required.
As with any other approach, there are some challenges that are associated with business analytics. There are some concerns about invasion of privacy as well as great financial exposure, especially if one is in a fast-moving market. Determining what is true insight and what is not can be a bit of a problem. You may also spend a lot of money and time dealing with opportunities or problems that aren’t well defined.
To integrate a predictive model into the decision making process, there needs to be a corporate strategy laid out clearly as well as support from the senior leadership.
There is also the involvement of IT. The technological infrastructure and the tools need to be in a position to handle the business needs as well as the data analytics process to maximize effectiveness. The technological infrastructure needs to be considered so as to have the most current, most ideal data available. This will help you differentiate between historical data and real-time data.
The Best Practices
Implementing business analytics cannot be achieved overnight by any one given company. However, a company can follow best practices and over a period of time they will achieve the kind of insight that they are looking for. Ultimately, they will be successful and very competitive. However, you will have to decide on the practices that best fit your organization.
Somewhere along the way in my career, I picked up a good nugget of advice, and it was to focus as a leader on those tasks which were unique to me and delegate the rest. One of the toughest things about being a leader and manager is mastering that ability. It’s not easy for a variety of reasons, including the idea that only you can do something better and faster, impatience, or lack of awareness.
Unfortunately, there are many managers out there who have not developed enough to follow the advice of focusing on what is unique to your position. And, if you’re an entrepreneur, there’s a higher chance that you could be someone who might have a hard time delegating. In start-up situations, many entrepreneurs end up wearing many hats, and it becomes difficult to let go, but it is crucial to the ultimate success of your business.
As your company begins to take off and grow, one of the most important skills you can master is to learn how to delegate.
- Think about those responsibilities that are unique to your position.As a leader and manager, one of the first activities you should do is to carefully consider all of the tasks that you do on a given day. Then, ask yourself if you should be the person doing it. When you go through this exercise, it will help you prioritize the issues you should be taking care of and will ultimately have more time to focus on doing.
- Consider the dollars and cents.Once you’ve decided to delegate, you will open up more time that was spent doing the busy work. Like most people, you probably think in terms of dollars and cents or profit margins. Hiring someone, even part-time, that will take over a lot of the process work that you’re doing is going to free up your time to dedicate it to the areas that will grow your business.
- Don’t fall into the micro-management trap. Micro-managers love to say that they are delegating their non-essential responsibilities, only to micro-manage their teams. Proper delegation does not mean that you are absolving yourself of any of the accountability for the work. Delegation just says that you are giving the responsibility to someone else, and you have to give them the opportunity to do the job and rise to the occasion.
- Maintain a strong feedback flow with your team. When you’ve delegated responsibilities to your team members, an essential aspect of proper delegation means keeping an adequate communication channel open for any questions, comments or concerns. Again, it doesn’t mean that it’s a chance for you to micro-manage a one-way feed system. It’s a two-way feedback flow and an easy tactic to ensure it’s done correctly is to request regular updates on the work.
- Make sure that you provide clear directives or instructions. When you’ve decided to create a productive delegation system, one of the essential aspects of delegation is to deliver clear instructions or direction from the outset. If you’re expecting a certain project to look a certain way, have elements you deem important or are looking for a specific outcome, it’s vital that you express those thoughts from the outset.
- Remember that your team members are learning how to do something you’ve delegated, and learning is not a linear process. Be prepared for mistakes or a learning curve. You should also expect to be pleasantly surprised when someone has done something in a way you wouldn’t have thought but is still excellent. Learning is not linear, and as a manager, you have to be prepared for some bumps and pleasant surprises on the road.
- Let it go.The final aspect of mastering the art of delegation is to stay out of the way and let go. When you’ve assigned responsibilities and informed your team members what they need to get done, then you have to allow them to do the work. Focus on the duties you should be focusing on as a leader and let your team do what they have to do to meet your goals for success.
Remember that delegation is not something that often comes naturally, especially if you’re a business owner and you’re looking to get a new company off the ground. However, whether you work in an established firm or start-up, understanding how to be a self-aware manager who delegates is going to reap many rewards. It will help empower your team, and it will give you the ability to truly focus and concentrate on the aspects of the job that crucially need your undivided attention.
One of my favorite articles to write is about technology that’s out there to make businesses more productive. A couple of days ago I was doing research and came upon TINYpulse. The idea is ingenious, and while candidly, my team hasn’t used it, it’s certainly something to consider at some point down the line.
The best business teams operate with employees that are working at their optimum level. There have been countless books and articles written about leadership theory and management, and a lot of what is out there is excellent. But, technology is now part of the picture. According to TINYpulse, here’s what this tool is about:
TINYpulse discovers how your employees are feeling, and performing
Measure how happy, frustrated, or burnt-out your employees are, and gain real time employee feedback to create a company culture you can be proud of.
When I discovered it, admittedly, I was intrigued. According to their website, over 1,000 companies use their product, including Michelin, HubSpot, Deloitte and Capital One. An additional plus for them is that they have created a team culture where they donate their time to the company’s community, their product to nonprofits and also a portion of their profits to charitable organizations.
The TINYpulse products allow businesses and nonprofits to understand employee engagement during the entire continuum of a team member’s presence in their organization.
Onboarding:Using the tool, organizations can understand how new team members are integrating into the business and their roles.
Recognition: The product helps groups to create a culture of peer-to-peer recognition, which in turn helps build morale and performance.
Exit: Businesses and nonprofits have the opportunity to learn the reasons why team members leave, and because of the knowledge gained, organizations can see how to retain top performers.
Performance: The tool allows managers to monitor and coach their teams to higher levels of performance potential.
How TINYpulse Works
Most managers know that employee surveys are old and tired. In fact, many small to medium businesses don’t even use them because they don’t provide managers critical information on an ongoing basis. Surveys are merely a snapshot of a moment. The TINYpulse team understood this and decided to create a product that was not static but rather dynamic and ongoing. In addition, they developed a tool that sought to revolutionize surveys from work teams.
In doing their research, they learned that listening was one component of high-performing teams, but there was something else that was missing from the equation, which was recognition and appreciation. People need to feel that their work is valued and that they’re part of something bigger than just themselves.
To accomplish these lofty goals, TINYpulse recognized that they had to capture the totality of the employee experience, from the moment team members first entered the group to the time that each left the organization and everything in between.
If you want to gain more insights about your team, TINYpulse may be something for you to consider for your organization and your team.
WHY IS BUSINESS ANALYTICS IMPORTANT?
The foremost goal of any organization is profitability, and customer satisfaction is a huge component of the success of a business. When an organization innovates and stays ahead of its competition, it fulfills and goes beyond customer expectations. Many businesses still rely on ineffective, time-consuming traditional techniques for decision making processes that cannot keep pace with the competition.
The use of “Gut feel” in taking strategic decisions still plays an important role among business leaders. But does reliance on “Gut feeling” and “Traditional techniques” make for smart decision-making? What’s the best approach?
The technology boom has given rise to innovations in how data is used. Business analytics is the solution and the best move to ensure competitiveness in today’s era. To define the term: “Business analytics, one of the emerging fields in the data science, refers to the methods and various statistical and quantitative techniques used by an organization for informed decision making and business modeling”.
Analytics is the change that helps you to get your business on track. It assists the businesses to convert the humongous amount of generalized data into observation, patterning and vision.
BENEFITS OF BUSINESS ANALYTICS
What was discussed above is just an academic definition. Now let’s discuss why one needs to adopt it in business operations:
- Fast decisions are easily taken, but what matters is smart decisions taken in a short period. It helps to inculcate faster and smarter decision making into business culture of your organization. With the help of business analytics, the company can empower a team for data analysis to extract targeted information. When a company accesses accurate and essential data, undoubtedly, it will take the right decisions.
- Analytics helps in quantifying business values.
- Most businesses provide training programs for fresh recruits or older employees where the core business values are imparted or refreshed. Instead, companies should go a step further and undertake the help of business analytics to translate business values into numbers. This is a more cost and time efficient undertaking.
CAREER PATH OF A BUSINESS ANALYST
A business analyst is one who assists organizations in the process of business analytics. The career path of a business analyst is not strictly defined as there are several options based on industry, qualifications, interests, preferences etc.
- Training provides trainees with the skills and knowledge needed for a proper understanding and interpretation of data.
- Training courses help students in getting exposed to data systems and tools like R, SAS, Python etc. making them eligible for various analytical jobs.
- The best incentive for undergoing a course is that the industry-best average salary of a business analyst is Rs 491,522 a year. There are various skills that can increase the pay scale of a business analyst like project management, SAS etc.
- The role of a business analyst is often seen as one that bridges the gap between different departments in an organization. There are various business analytics courses which can help you achieve all the benefits mentioned above. Candidates with these skills can help an organization to strategically improve operational efficiency.
Courier industry is winning hearts of the business owners and well as individual customers by its note-worthy service quality. Most companies now rely on this particular service to cut down their company costs. Courier service providers are chosen for their reliability and safety. You feel relax and secured when you need a very important parcel to reach somewhere and you know that you have assigned this job to the most reliable courier service. This article is going to provide you some tit-bits about the background of the courier industry.
#1 It was in the 2400 BC in Egypt when the first standardized courier service began. The monarchs, generally called Pharaohs, during this era, started using this service to deliver their important documents and letters to various places.
#2 Wells Fargo was the first and foremost professional courier service to start in the United States.
#3 The words “courier” and “mail” are somewhat closely related but no one knows where does the word “mail” came from. It originated from the English word “male’ in the medieval period where “male” implies “traveling bag”.
#4 Another fascinating trivia that most of us are still unaware is “Marcophily” is a specialized subject where people study in detail about postmarks, hand or machine applied postal markings, cancellations, and postal system.
#5 Two teenagers established the well-known United Parcel Service in 1907, which was initially named as American Messenger Company. It changed its name in the year 1919.
#6 A postal service company was built up in the United Kingdom in 1516 but the service was unavailable to the public till 1635. It was only after King Charles I came into power and this postal service called Royal Mail was accessible to the people for use.
#7 In London, “Mail Rail” was the only underground rail system that was used by the London Post Office to transport and distribute mails. However, this service closed down in 2003 as soon as it came to the realization that its cost of transporting mails is way more than usual above the ground transportation.
Hope by now, you have gathered and learned something new and exciting facts about courier, postal and delivery services.
However, by far, courier services have evolved and transformed to a whole new level. Introduction of smart technologies are further fueling the evolution. From localized, distant-specific delivery services to long distance, overseas deliveries to same-day deliveries, the industry has come a long way. Moreover, with inception of smart technologies and IoT, those days are not far away when drones will be flying above to provide super-fast and instant delivery of goods.
Demand for courier facilities is rising incessantly in the recent years due to the rapid industrial growth and high competition in the business world. The scenario in the healthcare industry is no different but the reasons behind this high demand are something you should definitely want to know. People involved in the medical sector – be it pharmacy, hospital, nursing center, or pathological lab genuinely understands the significance of this service. They are the ones who feel that a reliable and efficient courier agency can actually save many lives. Transporting life-saving drugs, medical equipment and organs are the three crucial responsibilities of every company.
Here are the 5 key reasons why courier services are demanded highly by the healthcare sector:
#1 Fast delivery
Almost all the courier companies provide same-day delivery service when it comes to medical equipment, drugs or organs. They completely realize the urgency of delivering these items on time. Hence, they make sure that the speed of their delivery is the fastest in these cases. It is the duty of every service provider to transport the medical supplies at their destination as fast as possible.
#2 Efficient and experienced
The companies have the most efficient and trained staff with long years of experience. Their expertise and superior skill make sure that your medical deliverables will reach the right place at the right time without any hassle. In addition to this, they take immense care while packaging and moving the products because they genuinely know their importance to their customers.
#3 Transportation facility and vehicle used
Courier transport companies give special attention to the types of vehicles used for transporting medical equipment or organs. They make sure that medications, organs are kept refrigerated, and they also keep monitoring and controlling the temperature inside the vehicle. The supplies are preserved very carefully so that they reach the destination in perfect condition.
#4 Trustworthy Service
Having access to a reliable delivery support anytime and anywhere is most important. At times of medical emergencies, the services agencies should not only be readily available on call but should be able to deliver the equipment and organs promptly within the required time frame.
#5 Smooth Communication 24*7
Since courier and delivery companies are dealing with life-saving equipment, drugs, and organs every day, their mode of communication is very efficient. Their customer support is reachable all throughout the day and night and the order can be easily tracked by the hospitals, pharmacies, and family of the patients. They keep getting updates of the deliverables via email, phone, app, and website.
Thus, to conclude the healthcare industry is completely dependent on the courier and dispatch services for the timely delivery of the essential medical kits, equipment, and organs. To earn the trust of the industry, the quality of service should be top-notch.